Resources to Reverse Diabetes
- Nancy's Diabetes Forum
- Cope With Diabetes: Nancy Watters personalized coaching program will help you recover from Type 2 Diabetes.
- The End of Diabetes, Joel Fuhrman, MD. Clear explanations, credible science, easy to read, real-life success stories, and recipes you can live with.
- The Blood Sugar Solution, Mark Hyman, MD. A proven program to recover from diabesity in just 6 weeks.
- The Mind Body Diabetes Revolution: A Proven New Program for Better Blood Sugar Control, Richard S. Surwit, Ph.D. The first book to show how stress, depression and anger affect blood sugar, and what to do about it. Based on 20 years of research at Duke University, this book provides practical tools so you can learn to manage the emotions and stress that lead to elevated blood sugar levels.
- Psyching Out Diabetes: A Positive Approach to Your Negative Emotions, Richard R. Rubin, PH.D., Johns Hopkins Medical School
- 365 Daily Meditations for People With Diabetes, Catherine Feste. Transcending the challenges of chronic illness to find wisdom, strength, and inner peace.
- The Slow Down Diet: Eating for Pleasure, Energy, & Weight Loss, Marc David. An 8-Week Breakthrough Program
- Zen and the Art of Diabetes Maintenance: A Spiritual Toolkit for a Better Life, Charles Creekmore. How to cope with the spiritual depths of your diabetic crisis, manage your emotions, ambitions, fears and hopes. Human and funny.
The self-help resources on this site are to be used as additions to the treatment you receive from your health care team. They are not a substitute for medical and mental health diagnosis and treatment. Please seek appropriate health care when needed, and continue to follow the advice of your physicians, counsellors and mental health professionals.